The Food and Beverage Sector is one of the highest industrial energy users in the USA. Energy consumption in the sector could be considerably reduced by implementing simple and effective energy efficiency measures, reducing carbon emissions and cutting the costs for businesses. The Food and Beverage industry is very energy intensive and many businesses in the sector believe that energy costs are a static overhead. In fact, with good energy management and increased efficiency, consumption can be significantly reduced and have a huge positive impact on your bottom-line.
How is energy used in Food and Drink manufacturing?
Why is eSight perfect for the Food and Drink Sector?
- Identify energy usage and track waste with comprehensive energy analysis
- Integrate with existing systems (SCADA, BAS etc.) and replicate internal infrastructures to monitor the energy performance of different stages of the manufacturing process
- Connect global locations via one central system with eSight’s multi-lingual capabilities
- Use eSight to meet energy-related legislation and standards such as ISO 50001
- Using sophisticated analytic techniques such as Multi-Variable Linear Regression (MVLR), eSight can model and forecast the expected consumption of each process, taking into account up to 10 variable factors (Production, Temperature etc.)
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) against production or industry standards, compare across all sites and identify poor performance
A closer look…
As the UK’s leading chilled dairy foods company and one of the largest food companies in Great Britain, Dairy Crest is a large energy consumer. When challenged to reduce energy costs at their Creamery in Cornwall, energy management solutions helped Dairy Crest take its energy savings to the next level. Dairy Crest’s eSight energy monitoring solution provided all the data necessary to investigate and build a business case for methods of reducing fuel costs with combined savings of 7%.